When signing to join Hope House (Lottery) Ltd, players agree to be bound by these terms and conditions, copies of which are available by contacting Hope House (Lottery) Ltd on 01691 672610. Hope House (Lottery) Ltd is licensed and regulated in Great Britain by the Gambling Commission under account number 5037.
Responsible Persons are:
- Simona Epstein, Director of Fundraising.
- William Andrew Fergus, Commercial Director.
The Weekly Draw
- Players must be aged 16 or over. It is an offence for anyone under the age of 16 to play or to win a prize. In the event that a minor is inadvertently entered into the draw, no prize will be awarded and their stake money will be refunded.
- By subscribing to Hope House (Lottery) Ltd any player agrees to allow Hope House (Lottery) Ltd to undertake any appropriate action to establish age verification.
- The Winner’s draw is carried out weekly on a Friday and requires a subscription of £1 per entry per week. If the draw falls on a bank holiday it will take place on the next possible working day.
- Only Lottery numbers for which full payment has been received will be entered into the weekly draw.
- Subscriptions can be paid by Direct Debit, Cheque, or Debit Card. Each entry will receive a randomly selected Lottery number.
- Winning cheques are sent out automatically following the draw with details of the seven winning numbers publicised on the website.
- Full winner’s lists are available from the Lottery Office.
- Players who live in Northern Ireland, Isle of Man, The Channel Islands or outside Great Britain (England, Scotland and Wales) are not permitted to enter.
- Hope House (Lottery) Ltd reserves the right to refuse an application for membership of the Lottery without giving reason and at the discretion of Hope House (Lottery) Ltd.
- It is the responsibility of the member to notify Hope House (Lottery) Ltd of any changes such as amendments to address or contact information.
- In the event of winning cheques remaining un-cashed, Hope House (Lottery) Ltd reserves the right to return unclaimed prizes to Hope House funds as a donation after a period of 6 months.
- Hope House (Lottery) Ltd cannot accept any responsibility for any loss or delay of any payment or communication sent by post, direct from the bank/building society, fax or email.
- We are required by our licence to inform customers about what happens to funds which we hold on account for you in the event of insolvency. The Gambling Commission provides further information on our licence conditions detailing what we need to tell customers about their funds. We hold customer funds separate from company funds. These funds are not protected in the event of insolvency: not protected segregation. For more information, please see the customer funds insolvency ratings system.
- Membership of the Hope House (Lottery) Ltd can be cancelled at any time however instructions received after the close of business on a Thursday may not be actioned before the draw on the following day.
- There is an upper limit of 10 entries per player per draw. Any individual who feels that they cannot control their gambling may wish to exclude themselves from playing in the Hope House (Lottery) Ltd. Requests for self-exclusion should be in writing to the Director of Fundraising. Such exclusions will be held on record for a minimum of 6 months and re-entry into the draw will be at the discretion of the Director of Fundraising. Hope House (Lottery) Ltd is committed to promoting socially responsible gambling.
- Hope House (Lottery) Ltd is a member of the Hospice Lotteries Association and as members of the H.L.A. we support: the Responsible Gambling Trust (www.responsiblegamblingtrust.org.uk), BeGambleAware (www.begambleaware.org) and Gamcare (www.gamcare.org.uk) which promote responsible gambling. Players in difficulty with gambling are encouraged to seek help from these organisations.
Lottery Online Voucher Terms & Conditions
- The recipient must be aged 16 years or over and resident in Great Britain (England, Scotland or Wales, excluding Northern Ireland, the Channel Islands and the Isle of Man).
- The recipient’s details will be stored and not entered into the lottery until the recipient activates their voucher.
- The recipient is not bound by Hope House (Lottery) terms and conditions until the voucher is activated.
- Self- excluded individuals are not permitted to redeem online voucher codes.
- By redeeming an online voucher, a player agrees to receive communications regarding their lottery entry/entries.
- By redeeming an Online Voucher, the recipients agree to be bound by the Hope House Weekly Lottery Rules, terms and conditions
- Entries sold to or bought on behalf of a person under the age of 16 will be exempt from the Hope House (Lottery) Ltd and the cost of lottery tickets purchased will be returned in accordance with Gambling Commission regulations.
- Online vouchers can only be purchased using a debit card (no credit cards will be accepted).
- Purchasers of online vouchers will be required to select the number of lottery entries to purchase and the number of draws into which the lottery entries will be entered at the time of purchase.
- The voucher must be redeemed within 12 months of purchase. Online vouchers have a validity period of 12 months from date of purchase; if not redeemed within 12 months, the online voucher will be gratefully accepted as a donation to Hope House Children’s Hospices. The validity of online vouchers may not be extended.
- No cash alternatives will be granted for online voucher purchases.
- Online vouchers are issued in the form of system-generated alpha-numeric codes displayed on screen with an option to print and/or email to the purchaser or receiver of the online voucher.
Redemption of Online Vouchers
- Online vouchers can only be redeemed through Hope House Children’s Hospices webpage www.hopehouse.org.uk/redeem or by calling the Hope House Lottery office on 01691 672 610.
- To redeem a voucher, you will be required to provide your personal information including your date of birth, title, first name & last name, email address, and address including postcode.
We’d like to keep in touch with you about the work of Hope House Children’s Hospices, our events and ways in which you can support us. If you do not wish to hear from us by mail or telephone, please call 01691 671 671 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
Using email and text messages helps to reduce our costs. We need your permission to do this so please tick the opt in boxes if you’re happy for us to contact you in these ways.
You can update your communication preferences at any time. Hope House will never swap or sell your personal information to other organisations.
Any complaints received by Hope House (Lottery) Ltd will be handled under the Complaints Procedure, a copy of which is available upon request to the Lottery Office. Any complaint that cannot be resolved under the existing procedure may be passed to the Independent Betting Adjudication Service Ltd (IBAS) for arbitration at no cost to the complainant under an agreement held between Hope House (Lottery) Ltd, the Lotteries Council and the Hospice Lotteries Association. Hope House (Lottery) Ltd reserves the right to amend these Terms and Conditions from time to time without prior notice.